Shaking and moving...


I'm a Bartender since 1995. In Germany was where I start shaking, in a summer job that last six months. Big summer, ha! Then moved back to my hometown, Lisbon-Portugal. And I started working at nightclubs. Lisbon was considered the worlds nightlife capital in the 90's, was crazy. After three years, love took me to Brazil and the shaking kept going at a nightclub in Sao Paulo. In the year 2000, When the love was over after to many caipirinhas, I bought my ticket to Miami and started shaking with the salsa ritmo, hay, hay, hay... Very hot, believe me. Yes, the music and the dancing, together with the mojitos, made me shake like never before. After some nightclubs I worked in fine dining, where my high-end cocktails shined and my passion for wine began. Eight years in Miami were great and I did the South Beach Bartending School where all the Big Boys, celebrity Bartenders are instructors. And many wine seminars, courses and the most fun part, wine tastings. Was a great experience. I got some new moves and shakes and at the same time a refined taste for wine. Well, New York was the next stop. Meatpacking District and then at Financial District, were the places where I had my NY experience for almost two years. Then I found love again and a transfer to Washington D.C. was necessary.



What can I say? I'm very passionate...


Generated image




Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sage Margarita

Sage is an incredibly powerful herb, so you have to be careful when using it. However, the smoothness of the tequila, the sweetness of the liqueur, bite of lime and sweetness of the simple syrup is perfect. I would challenge it among the best margaritas I've ever had.

Sage Margarita

3 sage leaves
2 oz blanco tequila
1 oz orange liqueur
1 oz fresh lime juice
1/8 oz Simple Syrup

Place two of your three leaves in a cocktail shaker, then fill with ice. Top with your tequila, liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup. Cover and shake thoroughly until your drink is mixed and you've muddled the sage in a round about way.

Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, then garnish with your third sage leaf.


Cheers!





Bubble Glass Margarita Glasses Set of 6 - Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment