Shaking and moving...


I'm a Bartender since 1995. In Germany was where I start shaking, in a summer job that last six months. Big summer, ha! Then moved back to my hometown, Lisbon-Portugal. And I started working at nightclubs. Lisbon was considered the worlds nightlife capital in the 90's, was crazy. After three years, love took me to Brazil and the shaking kept going at a nightclub in Sao Paulo. In the year 2000, When the love was over after to many caipirinhas, I bought my ticket to Miami and started shaking with the salsa ritmo, hay, hay, hay... Very hot, believe me. Yes, the music and the dancing, together with the mojitos, made me shake like never before. After some nightclubs I worked in fine dining, where my high-end cocktails shined and my passion for wine began. Eight years in Miami were great and I did the South Beach Bartending School where all the Big Boys, celebrity Bartenders are instructors. And many wine seminars, courses and the most fun part, wine tastings. Was a great experience. I got some new moves and shakes and at the same time a refined taste for wine. Well, New York was the next stop. Meatpacking District and then at Financial District, were the places where I had my NY experience for almost two years. Then I found love again and a transfer to Washington D.C. was necessary.



What can I say? I'm very passionate...


Generated image




Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Party Cocktails


Margarita

- 30ml (1,5oz) Cointreau
- 40ml (2 oz) tequila
- 20ml (1oz) lime juice

Shake and strain into a salt rimmed margarita glass

Garnish: lime slice




Cosmopolitan
- 50ml (2,5oz) vodka
- 25ml (1,5oz) Cointreau
- 20ml (1oz) cranberry juice
- 10ml (0,5oz) lime juice

Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish: twist of lemon





Tom Collins
 
Ingredients
 
•1.25 oz. Tanqueray London Dry Gin
•1 oz. lemon or lime juice
•1 tsp. sweet & sour mix
•1 splash club soda
•1 maraschino cherry
•1 slice orange

Preparation
•In a shaker half filled with ice cubes, add Tanqueray London Dry Gin, lemon or lime juice and sweet and sour mix.
•Shake well.
•Strain into collins glass filled with ice.
•Add club soda and stir well.
•Garnish with maraschino cherry and orange slice.




Havana Holiday

Orange and mint give this T&T a smooth and refreshing flavor.

Ingredients

•1.25 oz. Tanqueray London Dry Gin
•4 oz. tonic water
•0.25 oz. simple syrup
•2 orange wedges
•1 lemon wedge
•6 mint leaves

Preparation
•Muddle mint and orange wedge lightly with Tanqueray London Dry Gin.
•Add ice, lemon wedge, tonic and simple syrup and garnish with a mint sprig.

Sex On The Beach
Ingredients

•2/3 oz. Schnapps, peach
•1 1/3 oz. Vodka
•1 1/3 oz. Cranberry Juice
•1 1/3 oz. Orange Juice


Mixing Instructions

Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a highball glass filled with ice.



Strawberry Mojito


1 oz simple syrup

4 fresh strawberries, rinsed and drained.
5 fresh mint sprigs, plus 1 for garnish
Club soda or sparkling water
1/2 lime
2 oz Bacardi Light

In a tall (10- to 12-ounce) chilled glass, muddle the simple syrup, 3 of the strawberries, 5 mint leaves and a splash of club soda or sparkling water together with the back of a wooden spoon until you smell the mint.

Squeeze the juice from the lime half into the glass, add the rum and stir. Fill the glass with ice and top off the drink with club soda or sparkling water. Garnish with the remaining strawberry and mint sprig.


by The Shaker

No comments:

Post a Comment