Shaking and moving...


I'm a Bartender since 1995. In Germany was where I start shaking, in a summer job that last six months. Big summer, ha! Then moved back to my hometown, Lisbon-Portugal. And I started working at nightclubs. Lisbon was considered the worlds nightlife capital in the 90's, was crazy. After three years, love took me to Brazil and the shaking kept going at a nightclub in Sao Paulo. In the year 2000, When the love was over after to many caipirinhas, I bought my ticket to Miami and started shaking with the salsa ritmo, hay, hay, hay... Very hot, believe me. Yes, the music and the dancing, together with the mojitos, made me shake like never before. After some nightclubs I worked in fine dining, where my high-end cocktails shined and my passion for wine began. Eight years in Miami were great and I did the South Beach Bartending School where all the Big Boys, celebrity Bartenders are instructors. And many wine seminars, courses and the most fun part, wine tastings. Was a great experience. I got some new moves and shakes and at the same time a refined taste for wine. Well, New York was the next stop. Meatpacking District and then at Financial District, were the places where I had my NY experience for almost two years. Then I found love again and a transfer to Washington D.C. was necessary.



What can I say? I'm very passionate...


Generated image




Thursday, June 17, 2010

Syrah Vs. Shiraz

You say "Shiraz," I say "Syrah". -In France the grape is known as Syrah, and it yields the full-bodied, perfumed, and age worthy red wines of the Northern Rhone. Syrah is also incrasingly grown in Southern France, where it is usually found in blends. Known mostly as Shiraz in the New World, this same grape is responsible for some of the most profound and desirable wines in Australia, particularly from Barossa and Hunter valleys and McLaren Vale. Here, the warmer climate makes for an altogether riper and more powerful, blockbuster-style wine. Shiraz is also blended with Cabernet Sauvignon in more everyday wines across Australia. Outside France and Australia, both "Syrah" and "Shiraz" can be seen on labels- the choice of grape name giving an indication of style.
Powerful and spicy, French Syrah is deep-colored and full-bodied with flavors of black fruits, pepper and burned rubber. Australian Shiraz is a riper and more intense style of wine.
Shiraz is great for grilled meats or veggies, wild game, richly flavored red meats, beef stew and meat lover's pizza.

Wines of the World

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Can you do a bit on Pinot Gris vs. Pino Grigio? Thanks Shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutly. I just finished a post about wine service and very soon will be posting about this subjet.

    Thank you for following me.

    The Shaker

    ReplyDelete